Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Interview with Author Tammie Ratliff about her book Shower Talks Vol II: Selah Moments from My Secret Place With the Father

1. Tell me about your book. How did you come up with that (story, angle, idea)?
My book is a devotional that I had not planned to write; however, it came about as a result of some things I went through in 2012. Through relationship downfalls, I began to see things a little differently as it relates to how I was treating people. In other words "My heart was revealed to me." This process brought about a deeper level of introspection through my communication with God. I noticed that every time I got into the shower, I would hear the voice of God say things to me that were healing and instructional. This is why the series is called Shower Talks, Selah Moments From My Secret Place With The Father.
2. How did you get interested in writing this particular genre (historical novels, mysteries, sci-fi, children's books, etc.)?
I have always journaled my thoughts. However, I found that writing helps me to filter through my feelings and get to the root, and ultimately the answer.
3. What kind of research did you do for this book?
I used the bible for to support my writings.
4. What's a typical working day like for you? When and where do you write? Do you set a daily writing goal?
A typical day consists of waking up around 5 a.m. - taking a shower, prayer, sitting to computer and allowing whatever to flow. I do a lot of my writing in the mornings, from 5 a.m. until about noon. And yes, I set a goal to write something every day.
5. What is the hardest part of writing for you?
The hardest part about writing for me is getting started, especially if I have taken a break for a day or so.
6. What’s the best thing about being an author?
The greatest thing about being an author is the fact that writing opens me up to see things in a different way. When I write, mysteries unfold. It's like digging a ditch - the more I write, the deeper I go.
7. What are you working on now?
My memoir,
8. What advice would you give aspiring writers?
Take your time, and write well. Also, be open to flowing with the pen (keys). You may already have a preconceived notion of how you want things to look on paper, but be open to allowing the words to shape your story. You will be surprised at what YOU will learn about life, love, yourself, etc....
9. Do you have any favorite authors or favorite books?
Dr. Maya Angelou is my all-time favorite, as well as Wayne Dyer.
10. What question have you always wanted to be asked in an interview?
What took you so long to start writing at the level of sharing.
How would you answer that question?
Fear. I'd always felt like I was alone and that no one would understand me. I felt like I didn't have anything of value to offer ... but that has changed.
11. If you were writing a book about your life, what would the title be? I am actually writing it now. Title: Coming Clean, One Woman's  Journey To Wholeness
Thank you Tammie for your time to discuss your book. If you would like to get her book you can if you click here to purchase Shower Talks Vol II: Selah Moments from My Secret Place With the Father

No comments:

Post a Comment